fresh pumpernickle bread crumbs
broccoli florets
gorganzola cheese (crumbled)
olive oil
basil - dried or fresh
garlic powder
onion powder
salt & pepper

okay, this one is tough to relay because i don't measure stuff - i just eyeball everything.

set oven to preheat at 325. core tomatoes and then scoop out the seeds and discard. scoop out most of the rib meat and put aside.

1 slice of bread will be good for 3 small tomatoes (like the size of the 'tomatoes on the vine at the grocery store) or two medium tomatoes. use untoasted bread and dice up into very small pieces. chop the broccoli florets into pieces about the same size as the bread pieces.

mix equal parts bread crumbs, broccoli and cheese and then mix in the reserved rib meat. drizzle on a tablespoon of olive oil and then add in the herbs/spices to taste and mix well. taste and then add more seasoning if you like.

stuff the tomatoes - don't pack it in too tightly or they take too long to cook. drizzle a little more olive oil on top before putting in the oven.

i use a cooking pan that has sides to it, to catch any liquid that may result from cooking. i also spray the pan with pam before putting the toms in it.

cook, uncovered, until the meat is fork-tender and the skin is just starting to pull away from the meat. cooking time is approximately 15 minutes - how stuffed they are and how large/small the tomatoes are affects cooking time.

great as a side dish and can also be the main entree - again, a nice salad and some garlic bread go well with this.