All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: zucchini squash
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:09 pm 

5 small Zucchini chunked
2 cans of Stewed tomatoes
1Lb Italian Sausage 3/4 of a inch long
1teaspoon of Italian seasoning
salt & Pepper to taste

combine all ingredients in sauce pan ,bring just to boil then turn down and simmer till sausage is cooked ! Spoon into bowl and add sharp cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice . Delicious!!!!
Larryr

Post subject: Re: zucchini squash
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:59 am 
Thanks Larry! Looks delicious & I've saved it to try. I bet it would also be delicious tossed with small pasta like rotini, penne, or shells.

I wish more folks here would post their favorite recipes. I can't possibly be the only one here who cooks! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:32 pm 

Breezy wrote:
Thanks Larry! Looks delicious & I've saved it to try. I bet it would also be delicious tossed with small pasta like rotini, penne, or shells.

I wish more folks here would post their favorite recipes. I can't possibly be the only one here who cooks! :wink:

Usually we bread it and fry it, then put pasta sauce on it. However we also make it (and eggplant, which we use sort of interchangeably) into lasagnia.

My favorite summer thing is fresh pesto, take a big kitchen knife and dice basil and walnuts until it's in 1-2mm squares, then add oil and Parmesan cheese and put it alone on pasta. Man that's good stuff. It has to be from the right kind of plant though, I root basil from the store that's already passed the test. Plants from seed or the nursery are hit-and-miss.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:34 pm 

Welcome to TGF, Larry!

Quote:

I can assure you that I don't have any cooking talent...unless you consider sticking a frozen dinner in the microwave or heating up a can of soup. :oops: If you ever need to know which frozen dinners are the tastiest I'm the girl you ask :wink: Although Larry's recipe might be something I could make as long as someone told me how to tell if the sausage is done.

Foxy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:43 pm 

That sounds pretty good Larry. Maybe I could even get my Italian food loving daughter to try it..if I cut the zuchs up smaller. :D

P.S., have you tried your pesto with fresh garlic in it? That's yummy.

I do a lot of cooking from scratch, but I never measure what I'm using, I just toss in a little of this and that and add more if needed. Although I did roughly write down what I put in the apple cinnamon sausage recently since it takes a lot of spice to flavor the chicken and the last time I attempted it I didn't get enough, so it was on the bland side.

Foxy, you could do it, you just jump in with both feet and do it! You can go to places on the internet and watch step by step instructions, so there's no excuse. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 pm 

Quote:
Foxy, you could do it, you just jump in with both feet and do it! You can go to places on the internet and watch step by step instructions, so there's no excuse. :D

Trust me I'm a lost cause. I watch the food network with the same kind of awe and wonder that others have when they watch the space shuttle take off :lol: This is why I married a man who could cook :wink:

Foxy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:48 pm 
So - post your husband's recipes then! LOL!! :lol:

Post subject: zucchini squash
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:38 am 

Yuck!! Foxy... however each to their own..frozen dinner all the time...or canned soup...I can't imagine a diet like that. Neither I'm very found of...however, don't get me wrong I do eat them from time to time...You did mention your husband cooks...you should post some of his

Just like those pizza you buy in frozen food section or the pizza you get from pizza restaurant, once you made a pizza at home, (using fresh garden vegetables or even farmers markets one) those pizza aren't worth the calories (LOL) I do buy the pizza dough already made (I do cheat a little)

I love to cook and try new recipes, and watch the food channel and collect recipes too. That way I fell into retirement like a duck goes into water. With the gardening, vegetables garden, herb garden, house plants, and all my crafts the days just soar by. And now of course on the internet reading and relying in the gardenforum.

There is a web site that is about.com. There is zillion topic, at least it seems like that many subject including all different cuisine (such as southern, italian, japanese, cooking for 2 and many many more) and you can subscribe to get them into your e-mail.

I just made zucchini squash bread. I used jiffy/bisquick and the recipe is on back of box for banana bread only I put in zucchini and only added a 1/4 cup of sugar, on box it calls for 3/4 cup of sugar. It sounded way too much for my taste, and so cut it to 1/4 and the bread was perfect.

From the Short Estate
I'm Ginny of Ginny & Jerry Short
Little Rock, AR USA