The Garden Forums

Dig In!
It is currently Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone know this pothos?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:03 pm 

I just bought this guy at HD a few days ago, it just said "premium pothos" any ideas on the cultivar?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:11 pm 

I'm plucking my brain for Pothos information and seem to be suffering from brain freeze at the moment. I can tell you that is one cool looking Pothos. I love the white variegation!

Foxy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:30 pm 

I'd be happy to send you some come spring. Not only is it variegated, it's also crinkled :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:52 pm 

if you got it at hd then it's most probably an exotic angel plant - which are usually tagged wrong (if they have a tag at all). might not even be a pothos - crinkled leaves? i've not seen that on a pothos (which doesn't mean there aren't any! ).

it's beautiful - whatever it is. try checking the exotic angel plants website - they have a listing of all the plants they offer. most have pics (some don't) and there is usually a little care info, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:23 pm 

It wasn't an EA plant. We usually don't have EA plants here. Due to Ag restrictions CA nurseries don't usually buy from FL, most of our plants at HD come from Altman's or the parent company or other nurseries within the state.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:35 pm 

:?: what's wrong with plants from florida?

the more i look at it and think about it, i don't think it IS a pothos. probably a philodendron. most pothos have a more mottled variegation than what this one has...i've seen quite a few phil's that have such strong markings like that one.

i could be wrong though!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:40 pm 

Quote:
I'd be happy to send you some come spring. Not only is it variegated, it's also crinkled :D

Thank you! Do you still have my address :D Love the variegation and the crinkled leaves.

It doesn't look like a Philo to me. It is missing the tell tale Philo sign...those sheaths that get left behind where the leaf emerges.

Quote:
what's wrong with plants from florida?

I know in the citrus world Florida has some serious problems with a virus, but I'm not sure about other plants. CA is very strict about plants and the potential viruses/bugs etc...

Foxy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:49 am 

Joclyn,
Our ag restirictions are almost as strict as Arizona. Many plants cannot be shipped from or to LA, TX, FL, CA, HI, & AZ Plants cannot cross into these states without being inspected and sometimes quarantined, and absolutely cannot pass our borders if they have soil.

Foxy,
I'm afraid I've went through two computers since our last trade, so please send it again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:18 pm 

I found it again today, it had a name attached it's pothos aureus "n' Joy"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:08 am 

cool, i'm glad you found the name! it's a pretty plant - i've been getting into variegated stuff recently and that one is really nice!