The Garden Forums

Dig In!
It is currently Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Goodbye Handful & Hubert
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:46 pm 

Sometimes in life you have to give up pets because of rough times in life, other times because of a move or whatnot. It still hurts as if you've lost them for good. This is one such time. I just had to give up my Handful and Hubert yesterday to a friend. I bottle fed Handful since she was 2 weeks old, and nursed her many times back to health while being ill. We couldn't afford all the vet bills, so she went to live with my friend. Hubert went to keep her company so she wouldn't feel lonely. They were excellent passengers on the two and a half hour drive to Santa Barbara. When they got there they immediately hid under my friend's bed and Handful never came out to say goodbye. I'm really going to miss my cat, but I know she'll have a good home.
Attachment:
100_0006.JPG

Attachment:
100_0074.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:28 pm 

I'm glad you found them a home instead of taking them to a shelter. I hope they can stay there for good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:10 pm 

Handful would never survive in a shelter being a black cat. I wouldn't have taken her there. I would keep her before taking her to the shelter. She wasn't the one which was supposed to go, but ended up there anyway by way of family vote. I lost.