The Garden Forums

Dig In!
It is currently Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Welcome "Frankie"!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:47 pm 
Well, exactly one year from adopting "Cindy" (aka "Little Rat Dog") last Xmas, we made the mistake of going into PetCo to pick up some of our neverending dog/cat supplies only to be faced with - yet again - one of the most skeletal & pathetic examples of dogdom yet. Hubby's heart was visibly breaking, so of course she came home from us. Although in these pics (taken about a week later) she doesn't look too bad, trust me when I say you could literally see every bone in her body, & the vet wouldn't even spay her until she gains a few pounds. Current i.d. has her at a Beagle/Heeler cross, & though she's sweet as sugar, she has "cat" issues, which I'm hoping we can resolve, otherwise we might just be "fostering" her. We've named her "Frankie", which is short for "Frankendog", since she looks like she's been sewn together from, like, 3-4 different dogs. Anyway - here she is:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:15 pm 

She looks VERY sweet! Welcome Frankie! Good for you for rescuing her!! :D

My Woody has 1/8 Blue Heeler in him...giving him spots in his white of the border collie look. :)

"Frankie" is much better than Frankendog! :shock: I suppose folks will think she is a he!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:26 pm 
"Frankendog" is nothing. My husband calls her "Monster Head" - lol - because her head is so much larger than her decrepit body at this point. Hopefully, she'll grow into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:46 am 

Congrats on the new family member!

Foxy.

Post subject: Re: Welcome "Frankie"!
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:43 pm 
Just an update - Frankie now weighs a "whopping" 30 pounds - lol!! And of course we had her spayed.

Vet is VERY happy, since she was so underweight (gee - 18 pounds maybe?) when we first adopted her. He feels that 30 is really the perfect weight to keep her at, & with her energy, overfeeding shouldn't be a problem.