The Garden Forums

Dig In!
It is currently Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Newer family member, Baby!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:55 pm 

I did not name her! Baby, with the blue eyes...well, upper half on one & lower half on the other...makes for some interesting faces/looks. :D She joined our family in July--along with Chaps (quarter horse Palomino).

So I would not be off-topic in the Cacti & Succulent forum, I'm posting here...at the request of a friend. :)

Yes, this is me...on Baby...a Chincoteague Paint mare. Notice, pix of me are small & I've enlarged ones of her...so you can see her better!

I am learning how to ride. :roll:
Click for larger view
Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Chaps & Baby, above

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:36 pm 
Coming from someone who's both a Paint & Palomino fan - nothing short of absolutely GORGEOUS!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:49 pm 

Well, thank you, Breezy! We think they are too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:30 pm 

I was wondering when you were going to share pictures of your new babies :D

Due to having family in Chincoteague I'm already partial to Baby. Those blue eyes are stunning! Chaps is a handsome fella.

Foxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:49 am 

It's about time! :wink: They're both beauties. Are you an experienced horse woman or is this a brand new adventure?

Have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:59 pm 

Roma,
thanks for posting the pics. Very nice horses!(and horsewoman, too).
Enjoy your new hobby.
Hope B&C don't turn into sea horses again today :roll:

Jordi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:39 pm 

Foxy, for some reason I thought I had already posted these guys! :roll: Guess I got mixed up with my garden journal/blog postings (see link below-more horsey pix there)! Now, how is it you have family in Chincoteague? Please 'splain!

Chaps is full of personality & is sweet as can be. Baby seems to have quite the attitude most of the time. Maybe she should've been named "Queen of Sheba"! :P :lol:

Sharon, this is a brand new adventure for me! Hubby, on the other hand, had horses growing up in OH. His ex & older set of kids used to show horses, while he cared for them. We discovered they have LOTS of stables here in town. Had my hubby known this when we moved here a dozen yrs ago, we would've NEVER gotten any remodeling done! :lol:

Thanks, Jürgen! I hope to enjoy it soon. I may have to get boots with pads to help Baby's frogs grow back in her hooves. We've been having her trimmed to get back to a natural state. She's having a weird time of it. Chaps has no prob though.

:lol: I hope they don't turn into "seahorses"...it's still raining here. The pool is almost filled to the brim! :O They say sun tomorrow. Maybe the muck at the stalls will dry out before the rain returns this weekend. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:12 pm 

Oh GEE! All over the news tonight...and my husband saw it firsthand as well...was about the flooding down at the stables and the rescue efforts! :shock: Yikes! Not our stables, but many of them further south. Three horses drowned & one had to be put down-from barbed wire injuries. Poor babies!

And believe it or not (Jordi) the stables that got the worst of it is called "Seahorses"! I forgot all about that name.

See the first 2 clips listed at this news station:
http://cbs8.com/ In one, the women is up to her chest in water, getting horses out. Another the horse is up to neck swimming out. The Tijuana River Valley is aptly named!

I'm so happy our horses are on higher ground. The folks at our stables were taking in as many horses as they could from the other places. I'll be going out at first light to check on our horses & see if the sun has come out enough to remove their blankets (rain coats).

I think they said we got 1½ inches of rain, but I'm not sure. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:50 pm 

Rosemarie wrote:
Oh GEE! All over the news tonight...and my husband saw it firsthand as well...was about the flooding down at the stables and the rescue efforts! :shock: Yikes! Not our stables, but many of them further south. Three horses drowned & one had to be put down-from barbed wire injuries. Poor babies!
And believe it or not (Jordi) the stables that got the worst of it is called "Seahorses"! I forgot all about that name.

...I think they said we got 1½ inches of rain, but I'm not sure. :cry:

Those videos looked scary indeed! Poor horses! Glad yours are ok this time.

"Seahorses" stable... Am I a clairvouant :oops: :lol:

I just checked our rain gauge. We had 48 mm = 1,9" of rain last night till now.

Jordi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:00 pm 

Yes, indeed, clairvoyant you are!! :shock: :P

I just can't imagine how scared those horses were & how the owners of the ones lost feel. I would just die if anything happened to ours! :cry:

Yikes, on how much rain you're getting! At least, you are on a hill! Stay dry, friend!

On the note of strange things happening, that jet that crashed last week...it was about 200 ft from where we used to live! The pilot ejected onto our old street! I recall how loud it was having the planes fly overhead. I am so glad we don't live there anymore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:04 am 

Quote:
Now, how is it you have family in Chincoteague? Please 'splain!

I'm a southern gal living above the Mason Dixon line:) One side of the family is from VA. I spent many of summers watching the ponies penning, going to the carnival and watching the pony auction. Now here is a trivia question for you. Do you know why they would have the big carnival and pony auction? No fair using Google for help:D

Foxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:31 am 

Aha! Very interesting, Foxy! :D

Well, I read up on Chincoteagues when we 1st got her & I remember they auction off the ponies every year. I believe the money goes to the volunteer fire department. Is that right? I don't recall reading about the carnival, but I suppose it might be for the same purpose.

Side note: I just got back from capturing George (the cat, for those who don't know him) who decided to escape through hubby's legs when he was leaving for work at 6AM. Good thing it wasn't raining at the time, but it was still dark, so had to get the search light out. Twenty minutes looking under cars & combing the neighborhood :roll: ...finally spotted him & chased him back into the house...with Woody's help! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:51 am 
I believe the reason is twofold: 1) to benefit the local volunteer fire department, & 2) to help cull the wild pony herd so the numbers don't become unmanageable for the island to be able to safely & healthily support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:28 am 

I'm glad your horses weren't in the flooded areas. The poor horses that were. Crazy weather along the west coast. You're getting the rain we should be having (less quantity, though) and we're getting Canada's cold and snow.

Glad you found George. They can be good escape artists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:36 pm 

Pony penning began as a way for livestock owners to claim their loose herds. Back in the 20's they started to use the event to raise funds for the volunteer fire department (aka. the only fire department Chincoteague has). And yes, the carnival, which is a part of the several days of pony festivities, is also to raise funds for the VFD. This was the cliff notes version. For more details you may now turn to Google if you wish:)

Needless to say when I was growing up I was subjected to a lot of the best oysters, tons of mosquito bites, stories of the great hurricane in 33 that cut the inlet, stories of flooding and getting around town in boats and I had more copies of "Misty of Chincoteague" and "Stormy, Misty's Foal" then would be considered normal (Grandma's memory wasn't the best).

I see George is still game for adventure! Kudos to Woody for being such a good helper!

Foxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:03 pm 

Rosemarie,
Lovely critters there. i am deathly afraid of horses. I mean I can ride them fine at a walk or slow trot, it's when they get going that scares me. My MIL is taking classes called Dancing with Horses where you lead and ride the horse by just your body, no lead or saddle. It really takes someone strong to suceed at that though.

PS Just feel lucky that you're not on the Grapevine where the snow is. They have been re-routed to Highway 46 to 101. It is a pain to drive to town with miles of traffic either way for three days now. ugh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:26 am 

Whew! On a whirlwind to get our Christmas cards written & in the mail. I cheated this year, not drawing my own. :oops: Trying to keep it simple, but that just isn't happening.

Thanks Sharon! We're so glad our horses weren't affected as badly as those in the other stables. I just can't imagine losing our horses that way. I guess YOUR weather decided to vacation in southern Cal! :P Sorry to hear you're getting the cold & snow!

Lately George has been trying to escape on a daily basis. At least he knows where home is, and if we leave the front door open a bit, we can scare him back in! :D He's George of the Jungle when he's out there. Woody is getting better about how to help.

I talked with one of the stable owners yesterday & found out the ones that died were in stalls with padlocks (people not wanting others riding their horses when they are away). But that river can fill up in 20 minutes & if the owners are not right there when it's happening, the folks who are can't do anything to get the poor horses out! Image There should be some law in place so this won't happen again. Make it so they'd be charged with negligence or something!

Breezy knew about the Chincoteagues! :D I got part of it right. :P I will Google it some more when I'm able, Foxy. Thanks for the cliff notes information. I recall reading there was speculation about how the ponies got on the island in the first place. Some say the farmers let them loose to avoid paying taxes (if they had them penned) and the horses swam across. Another accounting has a tale of a Spanish vessel that capsized around the 1600 century-the horses surviving by swimming to shore.

It sounds like a wonderful childhood, Foxy! :) I can see how stories of Misty & Stormy could get to be too much. The paperwork we have on Baby (which is suspect to us now) claims she is bred from horses named Stormy, Sterling's Stormy & Honey (maybe even a Honey 002!). A horse named Betz is supposed to be her grandma. :D From our paperwork, it looks like they started to register her, but never completed it. :roll:

Boy, lots of catching up to do...

Thanks Rhonda! Well, if you can ride them, then you're not deathly afraid. :D Because I don't know how to ride yet, I'm not too happy about going fast, but I laugh when they do....because I feel like I'm in a cartoon bouncing up & down on the saddle! :lol: I don't know how to "post" yet. Sounds neat what your MIL is doing. It would take special training for a horse (or person) to follow directions like that. I'd like to do that with Woody! :P

Sorry for your traffic woes, Rhonda! :( I take it you're near the 46/101? I do feel lucky I'm not on the Grapevine. For those that don't know...it's a long stretch of highway -Hwy 5- sparcely populated, that is super hot in summer & has a steep incline, going into elevation that can have snow. So if you break down along it-might have trouble getting help!

I encountered Snowbugs there...hee hee hee...the 1st time I ever saw snow fall was when I was driving up the Grapevine. I thought they were BUGS...Kamikaze bugs we called 'em. We had a mild crash into the center divide-in my uncle's sports car. :roll: I was told many times after that "it takes a southern California hick not to know SNOW when they see it"! :lol:

Going to go process some pix I took at the stable last night & be back to post. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:53 pm 

It sounds like you have quite an adventure ahead of you! I can just see your next trip with your family, cat and dog in the car and horses towed behind!

I enjoy the neighborhood horses, no maintenance required. :)One neighbor occasionally has a colt around and it's fun to watch them grow up. We'll often take some carrots with us when we go for a walk to give to a few of them.

Funny snow story! I've never heard one like that before. :lol:
I don't mind the weather we're having at all. We have about 3" this morning and it hasn't stopped snowing for at least 2 hours. We get enough rainy days throughout the winter, so this is a welcome change for most people. It's much brighter too, much better than a dark rainy day. It may turn to freezing rain later though, which I don't look forward to.

Are your sons taking much of an interest in the horses? I hope so. You might have to get a couple more if they are. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:43 pm 

Okay...I know I'm going overboard w/these pix...but don't we all do that with our pets & children? :P

1st, I feel explaining is in order...took a bunch of pix last night when the sun was going down, so had to use flash (as most pix weren't coming out without). Shooting into the sunset didn't help either. When I went to stables in the morning to remove blankets, the owners were telling me they were building a new turnout. We we went back to feed, they had already finished! It's more like a small arena, than the turnouts we're used to using.

First up-from a month or so ago- is Cherokee, a 26 yo we babysat (borrowed) from some folks. Shows Woody "helping" with his workout. He has since been returned to his owners. I had fun riding him several times on trail.
Image Image Image

Next is Baby, also from a month or 2 ago. I was trying to snap pix while we were doing her workout. Not exactly best conditions but trying to get her baby blues. You might be able to make out the little heart on her side in the 1st pic. :)
Image Image Image

Here's my hubby on Chaps a month ago...when he was clean! (the horse, not hubby) :lol: It shows the dappled watercolor look to his coat-on his hind quarters here. Next & rest of pix are from last night. Chaps & Baby in their waterlogged stalls.
Image Image Image

Close-up of Baby; You can see how muddy Chaps got, rolling in wet stuff; Baby saying "What about me? I want out too!"
Image Image Image

As it was getting toward sunset, tried a few shots of new turnout (arena). When hubby 1st put Chaps in, he didn't realize there was another gate-that someone had left open! :o Smart guy Chaps figured it out & took OFF! He had a grand time running ALL OVER the place. I admit, it was FUN to see him galloping all over...as if to say "I'm FREE!" Only thing I was worried about was him slipping & hurting himself as he took sharp turns around stalls. You could feel his POWER as he whisked by you!
You might be able to make out one horse in the turnout...and see what's left of one of the lakes after them pumping it out.
Image Image Image

Once we got ahold of Chaps, we put both he & Baby in the new turnout. Now, I had to use flash & zoom to get pix of 'em.
Image Image Image

They had fun running around together. Any fast-moving shots of them did not come out. :( Any hills you see in the background of these pix are those of Mexico (Tijuana). We are pretty close to the border.
Image Image Image

Called the kids in for some carrots. No flash close up-as it spooks them. Still they look at me like "What now?"
Image Image Image

Back in their stalls for feed & muddy blankets back on, as we heard it would get down to 45° at night. I know, some of you have it much worse...but that is brr-freezing to me!
Last is a pic of George..under the desk.
Image Image Image

That's all for now! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:58 pm 

Ha ha, Sharon...yes, an adventure ahead! BUT...we figure we are NOT going to be going on any more trips taking ALL the kids with us. :shock: THAT would not be a vacation! :D

Glad you get to enjoy the neighbor horses. :) Neat to have snow...but yuck, on the freezing rain. That doesn't sound good!

There is a possibility we will be selling one or both of the horses in the near future, much as I hate to think it. Hubby wants a horse that does it all (more "cowy"-whatever that means) and that will go on trail alone. Chaps gets easily spooked by anything new. Baby, on the other hand may be too much for a novice rider like myself. We're still waiting for her feet to be in shape to ride. I also need to take lessons! We may buy boots for her to wear while waiting for her frogs to grow back...so I can ride her.

As for the Snowbugs...you got the short version of the story...but glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was a combination of rain & bugs (who ever heard of that?). I couldn't figure out why people couldn't stay in their own lanes! Sheesh! They kept moving into my without EVEN signaling, for heaven's sake! Then we started sliding too -toward the center divide. When we stopped-and saw what was hitting the windshield, my sis & I both said in unison, "It's SNOW!" Luckily, no one was hurt & the car had minimal damage. Also, my uncle was a VERY understanding guy about the whole thing. :) Of course, I didn't feel too badly about not recognizing it for snow, because my sis lived in Colorado while in the service and SHE didn't know it! She's the one saying they looked like Kamikaze bugs! LOL

Oh! Almost forgot...no...the boys have NO interest in the horses. :( They have both been to the stables exactly ONCE and were both in a hurry to leave. Things like "Do I have to do?" and "Can we leave yet?" were muttered. They said "That is your hobby, not ours." Sigh. Oh well!

Back to my Christmas To Do List! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:22 pm 

Nice bunch of pictures. I'd enjoy owning a horse, but know I wouldn't be able to keep up with the care they need. There are stables just down the road from us and riding trails in a wooded park behind them, plus fields across the street from them.

Your boys sound very citified! Is that even a word?? That's probably the reaction I'd get from mine too, even though they've lived near horses for a long time. I think these days you have to raise them with horses to get them interested and not live close to a city.

Glad your trip through the snow was with minimal damage. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:32 pm 

Lovely pictures Rosemarie!

George looks like our Jackie Chan Kitty. Jack has taken to the tom cat ways so we don't see him too often any more. He doesn't like Hubert the rodent kitten much, and our females have told him to leave. :roll: Poor Jackie. It's cool that you live right next to TJ I'd not want to visit there very often though. I had a couple friends in high school who spent a month in jail down there for driving without insurance. It almost took an act of congress to get them out. I'm sure a couple rednecks in a Mexican prison would have been a sight to see though. hehe

There are some horses down the road about 20 or 30 to be exact. She has babies every year. She puts out a sign with either "it's a boy" or "it's a girl" and the baby on display in the paddock right next to the road so they get used to the sounds of cars and the kids can go and play with the babies. Her paints are some amazing horses with level heads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:35 pm 

Rosemarie wrote:
...Image ...

Hey Roma,
You really got hooked to horses now! Addicted to family, bowling, C&S, pets, remodeling AND horses... I couldn't cope with all that :roll:

Indeed, the noman's-land is pretty near to Chaps' and Bab's stable.

BTW the snow story is very funny. Particularly supposing you were in your twenties already. :P

Jordi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:15 am 

I must say I enjoyed the snow bug story. I never thought about what it would be like for someone to see snow for the first time. Driving in it can be tricky. Ice is much worse though. Found myself stuck with that little treat twice so far this year.

Quote:
I recall reading there was speculation about how the ponies got on the island in the first place. Some say the farmers let them loose to avoid paying taxes (if they had them penned) and the horses swam across. Another accounting has a tale of a Spanish vessel that capsized around the 1600 century-the horses surviving by swimming to shore.

Yep, that is the folklore and speculation on how they got there.

I don't know how paperwork on horses work or if you can check it out somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if one of her parents had the name stormy in some fashion.

They are good looking horses, but you know my favorite critter is George. He is such a handsome fella!

Foxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:23 am 

Eek-I was under the weather yesterday...see I have some catching up to do! :)

Glad you enjoyed the pix, Sharon! "Citified" sounds like a word to me! Checked it out--it sure is! I'd say opposite of countrified/countryfied. :D Yep, that's my boys! XBox or computer games are their main entertainment. You're right...I think living near/growing up with horses would've had a different affect on them. We were happy the snow adventure damage was minimal too.

Thanks, Rhonda. The thing about pix...SO many...which to show? If you have a cat that looks like George & Sharon has one too...maybe they're related? Ha! You have a "rodent kitten". Please 'spain! (>>in the jargon of "I Love Lucy" shows-since I'm feeling like Lucy these days) :lol:

I did my share of visiting Tijuana in my younger years. I have many stories, as does everyone I know. We heard rumors of things like you told-people in jail, money & jewelry taken as bribes, etc. I will not go there anymore. Especially now with murders surrounding a drug cartel. No thanks! I suppose the worst that happened to me was having my car towed (from a "taxi zone" that had no signs & paint gone from the curb). That was a doozy to get my car back!

Neat that the lady put the horses out near the road. Good idea to get them used to traffic...especially if they'll be trail horses near any.

Yes, Jordi, my addictions seem to increase every year! How on earth do I keep up?! It's a juggling act! :P You've got my number on all those activities! (hee hee, on in my "twenties". :P )

The lights from the houses on the hills of TJ look neat at night. We can see the bullring near the beach from one of the main roads of our town. I remember the days of my youth, when you could see many cardboard shacks across the border. That was sad. More so when it rained or the weather wasn't so mild.

Yea, the snow story is pretty good for laughs. I was trying to recall exactly how many times I've seen snow fall -other than on TV that is. :D I believe it's been only one other time...at Tioga Pass going into Yosemite Nat'l. Park from the Lee Vining/Mono Lake side. It was blowing horizontally then. Quite spectacular to see!

Yes, Foxy, ice is a scary thing! I've only had one occasion to experience that & thank goodness it was just a short patch! Took me by surprise on a trip up to Washington. I suppose not having too much snow exposure is good. :) I turn into a popsicle if it's under 70°. :P

I will see what I can find out about the Chincoteagues & check out the paperwork. Maybe if the supposed parents were registered, I might get somewhere to find the real scoop on Baby's lineage.

I have to agree with you, Foxy...George is a handsome fella, we sometimes call Gorgeous George...even tho' he's a HE!
Here's a few shots of him-lounging in the laundry- (one with too much flash) & last ones are a series of him getting to his favorite place.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

He escaped again yesterday in the early morning darkness. :roll: Son couldn't find him. I was too sick to go out & look for him. Had hubby look--no luck. Later in kitchen, drinking something near the window, he saw something moving out the corner of his eye. It was George near the pool! He was out several hours-longest time so far. I think he was glad to be back in our house. :)

I'd better quit & get the tree in the house & decorated. Yikes! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:05 pm 

He is a gorgeous boy! I like his markings. Our female is the typical tabby. You get to feeling better. Not the time of year to be getting sick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:38 am 

I just love George's markings. They remind me of the markings my tan boy had.

George is a sneaky one isn't he. I had a brown tabby that liked to slip out a lot too. Eventually she gave up that little game. Hopefully George will grow out of the escaping game too.

BTW, I have been meaning to ask how George does with the Christmas tree. Does he attack the ornaments or like to climb the tree? Or even worse...like to climb to the top and jump out at unsuspecting passers by like my boy Fox did when he was a crazy kitten?

Foxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:26 am 

Rosemarie wrote:

Thanks, Rhonda. The thing about pix...SO many...which to show? If you have a cat that looks like George & Sharon has one too...maybe they're related? Ha! You have a "rodent kitten". Please 'spain! (>>in the jargon of "I Love Lucy" shows-since I'm feeling like Lucy these days) :lol:

Jackie is part blue, part manx, and part bangal. His grandma & daddy came to stay with us for a while and bred with the mutant inbred Shandonite blue cats and Jackie was one of the offspring of that breeding. His name is Jack because when you pet him his hind end would jack up.

Hubert is just a rodent, like his mama, who is highly obnoxious. She rules the roost and tries to run off all the other cats. I'll post pictures of Hubert, Handful, and Pretty (Hubert's mama) soon, Jackie is a shadow so I doubt he'd be photgenic. I just got a new camera which I'm still trying to figure out. I did get a few pics of the Hanukkiah last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:14 pm 

Yes, I agree, Ladies...I like George's markings too. The more you look at him, the better he gets! He's like a work of art...as my hubby likes to say! :)

Yep, Sharon, not a time to get sick. I got over that...& back to biz!

George is a sneaky boy all right, Foxy. :P Give him 2 seconds & he'll slip through any ankles! He doesn't like it wet & we've had more rain than usual...but that isn't stopping him. :roll: I hope he grows out of it or we'll have to get creative to prevent it.
Quote:
BTW, I have been meaning to ask how George does with the Christmas tree. Does he attack the ornaments or like to climb the tree? Or even worse...like to climb to the top and jump out at unsuspecting passers by like my boy Fox did when he was a crazy kitten?
:lol: Yikes, on Fox climbing the tree & jumping out! No, I suppose I should count my blessings. George has only played with ornaments that hang down past the bottom of the tree. He did find a perch & supervise my decorating of the tree, though (as seen in the following pix). :P Only thing I found amiss this morning was the strofoam snowman ornament on the table to his left in the pic. He does a lot of sniffing too.

Image Image Image

Interesting, Rhonda, about your Jackie! When I researched to find what species George was, I found many photos of Bengal cats that look similar to him. I think he might be part Bengal. I've never heard of Shandonite blues before.
Quote:
His name is Jack because when you pet him his hind end would jack up.
Funny you mention that too, as we noted George's odd habit of having his butt in the air (when you pet & otherwise) & his tail coming back up over his back (like a skunk does?). We thought maybe this is why his previous owners gave him up for adoption. That, & his standoffish ways...very aloof...taking a long time to warm up to others.

I'm looking forward to seeing Hubert, Handful & Pretty...and maybe Jack...soon. Hope you get the camera figured out! Hope Hanukkiah was nice for you all!

Off to get to My List of stuff that didn't get done before Christmas!