The Garden Forums

Dig In!
It is currently Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: rambling
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:55 pm 

So how was your Thanksgiving? Did you have lots to eat?

We had one friend for dinner. We had ham, cranberry relish, roasted sweet and white potatoes, lettuce salad from garden, and cheesy cauliflower (NO turkey). It was all good. I'm so thankful that I didn't have to go back to work on Monday. And last nite it got below freezing. Got that extra quilt on bed. We have had our flannel sheets on bed for while. Do they make a difference.So all in all we were nice and toasty. But didn't get up until 8 a.m, 2day. And still not out of my pjs. I went to bed around 10 p.m. It good I don't have to get up at 6 a.m. anymore. It is just good in a lot of ways I don't work anymore.

2day is Wed. A good day to stay home and indoors. We when to Community Center on Monday to exercise and have lunch. They have lunch on Monday of soup and salad. Always good. But I haven't been past the driveway either Tuesday or will I today (Wed).

I've been thinking of making Jerry, my hubby a knitted or crocheted poncho. He requested one, and he doesn't usually request so I now have a pattern (two matter of fact) have to decide which one I want to do. He doesn't care which one.

And I've been reading, the book I'm (almost finished) reading is David Baldacci. First time I ever read any of his books. Or so I thought. Don't know why I haven't read more.He is very good. The name of the book is "split second" with the characters, King and Maxwell. This is his first book with those characters, King and Maxwell. By no means is this going to be the last one I read either. And I've been looking on his web site, I found out he has several different characters. So it won't get boring to read. If you have read any of his, Dona, then you know. But this book I'm reading is with the characters "King and Maxwell", the first in the series. The next one is 'hour game" with "king and maxwell. However, I think instead I will start one of his other books and other characters " The Camel Club" is his first book in this series. And then he has another book with "Shaw and James". And then he has some books which stand alone. After looking at his web site I did read one of his books, "The Winner".

From the Short Estate
I'm Ginny of Ginny & Jerry Short
Little Rock, AR USA