The Garden Forums

Dig In!
It is currently Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thank you CB2 and all!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:01 am 

I'm gearing up to make some AVCT so I've been working my way through the archives here. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge, mishaps, and observations on AVCT. I especially want to thank CB2 for going out of his way to answer questions and try to make the mystery out of what really is, to me, a mysterious process. I made a few batches of AVCT last year and kept a visual record of my roses and documented some real differences between the test roses that were blessed with the AVCT and the rest of the roses. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to keep the experiment going the entire summer. I don't know that I'll be able to spray the entire summer this year, either, but I'll definitely do what I can as it's all beneficial to the roses.

This forum is a treasure trove of great information. Reading through it, I found I had so many questions I wanted to ask, usually of experiments people said they were going to conduct and then never posted about (like, Chickadee, did you ever do your experiment where you set up the bedding in a new bin by spraying it with AVCT?) There are people who used to post who no longer do (GR8, Nosnhojg where are you?) and members whose sense of humor were/are wonderful. I think RedHen deserves special recognition, too, for her willingness to help educate anyone with an interest in worms. I suppose worms can only be a topic of intense discussion for so long, although I do wonder if the economy hasn't had more to do with the near demise of this forum than lack of subject matter.

Thank you, all, for this great virtual vermitopia.

Post subject: Re: Thank you CB2 and all!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:32 pm 

RoseGrower wrote:
I suppose worms can only be a topic of intense discussion for so long, although I do wonder if the economy hasn't had more to do with the near demise of this forum than lack of subject matter.

It should be just the opposite, IMHO, RG. With the economy and just about all other indicators showing us....and the world....in awful shape, it would seem people would begin to try to become more self-sufficient. And we know one way to do it.

Thanks for the comments, though. We need to crank up our efforts to get this thing going again and recruit some wormers.

Chuckiebtoo

off-topic:

Attachments:
IMG_6653.JPG
IMG_6653.JPG [ 1.17 MiB | Viewed 991 times ]

http://wormscan.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Thank you CB2 and all!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:18 pm 

When I first got interested in VC-ing, I found this site by chance. NOT because I googled worm or vermi compost. I was reading about composting at another site and it was mentioned about people going to "the other" place so I P.M. somebody I know there and asked him where the other place was and he told me.

I think this site is wonderful. A lot of knowledge, and w. lots of pictures to make it easier to understand, thank you lkittle.
And people are nice to each other here, unlike the ""other"" other place where some people are really mean spirited.