The Garden Forums

Dig In!
It is currently Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:38 pm 

I read that once the "fruit" has appeared one should pull of the other flowers on that particular vine to help the quality of that one melon....does anyone know anything of this...I am not sure where I read this, can't find it......

Yes I have melons that have appeared..yehhh!! Also some of the leaves look dry on those particular vines tho, and we have not been without rain..so wonder if there is some truth to this, or do? melons need more water that perhaps the cucumbers or other things that vine?? Any suggestions greatly apprecaited...

TY
:)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:18 pm 

I have found the garden to be a great learning experience. And one thing that enjoy is that no matter what I find in a forum real world experience teaches me the most. This year is my first real garden, the first at a new location and new property. I could list many things that I learned. But I would never have learned them if I did not try different things. I feel that as the years go by I will learn more and more and maybe 5 years from now auto pilot will kick in and I can just do it and it will be fine.

With all that said I would draw a picture or take a photo or ten. Take flowers off of a few vines and see what you get. Post what you get later. If it worked do it next year if not don't do it again.

Enjoy the serenity of the garden don't sweat the harvest life is short.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:31 am 

quote="raidencmc"]I have found the garden to be a great learning experience. And one thing that enjoy is that no matter what I find in a forum real world experience teaches me the most. This year is my first real garden, the first at a new location and new property. I could list many things that I learned. But I would never have learned them if I did not try different things. I feel that as the years go by I will learn more and more and maybe 5 years from now auto pilot will kick in and I can just do it and it will be fine.

With all that said I would draw a picture or take a photo or ten. Take flowers off of a few vines and see what you get. Post what you get later. If it worked do it next year if not don't do it again.

Enjoy the serenity of the garden don't sweat the harvest life is short.[/quote]

very good advise...

From the Short Estate
I'm Ginny of Ginny & Jerry Short
Little Rock, AR USA