The Garden Forums

<  Composting, Mulch, and Soils  ~  Wet Bags, Wet Mix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 am
User avatarJoined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:43 amPosts: 1525Location: USDA Zone 7 Okla.
It has rained at least 23 of the last 26 days. My last 3 bags of organic ingredients of my soil mix were semi exposed to the weather, so they are very wet. Today's weather is supposed to be light winds and sun, so I dumped them out on the drive and mixed them together.

My furred friends always like checking out new smells.
Then spread it out thinly to dry in the sun before I put it in trash cans to keep weed seed free and dry.

I usually add the Turface MVP right before I start potting things.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:58 am
I've been hearing about all the rain in some areas of the east. Hopefully it will slow down and dry out for a while, especially in the areas with flooding.

Cute dogs and so clean! My dog would be digging in that pile. It looks like a good mix.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:44 am
User avatarJoined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:43 amPosts: 1525Location: USDA Zone 7 Okla.
luv2grdn wrote:
I've been hearing about all the rain in some areas of the east. Hopefully it will slow down and dry out for a while, especially in the areas with flooding.

Cute dogs and so clean! My dog would be digging in that pile. It looks like a good mix.

I was at first worried about having white dogs in the country, but they are self cleaners. Just need to be brushed every once in a while.

The mix is a pretty good one. I grow a wide variety of plants in it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:22 am
I have a long haired dog too and her coat picks up seeds very well, not a good thing, so she's mostly an indoor dog. We do have a large area fenced off for her to run in, but she still manages to get into the seeds.

I just buy a bagged mix and add to it. Some day I'll make my own mixes.

Offline Profile