The Garden Forums

Dig In!
It is currently Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:00 pm 

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and new year's day! I am still around though I dont get to post very often. I have had my hands full lately. My lil one is now 8 months old, has learned how to pull himself up to standing so it wont be long til he is trying to walk.

Well I gotta run but just wanted to say HI :)

Hugs

Meesh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:34 pm 

Hey Meesh!
Good to hear from you. 8 months already? Only seems like a couple. :|

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:15 pm 

Yep, Mentha

8 months and already getting to be a handful, LOL. He has learned to stand up so am having to teach him that when its bedtime, NO standing, LOL. He keeps trying to pull himself up and the combination of that and being tired is not a very good combination, LOL.

Meesh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:53 pm 

Hello Meesh! I was wondering how you and your little one were doing. Glad to hear all is well! How are your plants doing?

Foxy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:27 am 

Hey Mentha,

How are you doing? How are your plants?

Hey Foxy,

How are you doing? How are your plants? Well things with lil one are going good, but there are other things that have happened that well............ kinda wanna make me pull my hair out, LOL. Anyway that is a LONG story.

As for my plants, well they are hanging in there, they like me are hating the back and forth weather TX is having. We have cold (well cold for TX) days and then we have warm days. I still would love to get a greenhouse.

I got this really kewl iron stand that I guess would be for condiments and a plate in the middle but when I saw it, I thought HEY! that would make a NEAT plant stand, LOL. I was right. It has 6 rings (3 on each side)on the outside of the bigger middle ring. So it has become my hoya and agalonema plant stand.

I also have a hoya lineris(sp) that I got a few months back that seems to be doing ok.

well I gotta get my 10 yr old to school, will write more later

Hugs

Meesh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:24 am 

Hi Meesh,
The plants are as well as can be expected during winter and little or no heat, some shriveling, but I don't want rot, so it's a price we pay. I have some hoyas coming in next week, and some Sans also. I have been getting into aloes. They seem to like the cold.

Kids are obnoxious as always. Eldest is 16, wants to sleep all day and listen to music all night, middle, 14, can't stop being a smart %^& and Missy, 10, is a sweet, sweet girl. She didn't have monet for presents this year so she cleaned her toy box and wrapped everything she had. I got a foam box, a couple of rocks, a string necklace with a wooden bead, and a toy horse. The best presents are those that your children give you :D

Anyway, I had a rough night, I was burning up all night. I found out why, DH left the heater on all night, :roll: so I've got a sore throat and had to get up to cool down and get sleepy. I think it's time to go back to bed now that DH is gone and the heater if OFF.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 pm 

Me and my plants are hanging in there. So far 2009 has turned out to be a bit stressful for us.

Just think if you had a greenhouse during this weather you would be running out there all the time to adjust for the temperature changes :wink: When you get a chance post a picture of your new condiment holder/plant stand.

Foxy.