The Garden Forums

Dig In!
It is currently Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:43 pm 
Administrator

Make no mistake I personally believe that climate changes are a common occurance naturally. I also personally believe there is adiquate data to give validity to the belief that human activity is affecting or has the potential to affect global climate in the future.

The climate of Earth is an amazingly complex of occurances and occurance caused occurances and on and on.

To try and put climate into human comprehendable units I like to discuss only the most recent .0033% ( yes that is point!) of Earth time that is roughly 150,000 years ago to now.

My personal interests are climate and geololgy between 240 million and 70 milliion years ago but I don't think that would add any hard data to the Global Warming discussion.

Jonathan Adams has done a good job of compiling easily understandable events, some controversial, that is a good starting point for the perplexity that the climate involves.
See:
http://www.esd.ornl.gov/projects/qen/nercNORTHAMERICA.

Though a bit dated and most links empty I find this link of interest and if you are not into
reading skip to the last paragraph and Adams states my belief that human activity can affect climate but perhaps more complicated than the widely spread "Greenhouse Effect" analogy.

OOPS__FORGOT THE LINK!!

http://www.esd.ornl.gov/projects/qen/nerc130k.html

If there are actions that the human race can reasonably do to lessen our impact to the "natural" climate changes that will occur over time.

What cha got to say?
AZED